Download the Exhibit Book Here
The privilege of membership is open to all residents of Ontario. Please list your mailing address and phone number to receive your prize money.
- The $10.00 membership can be obtained from the Secretary/Treasurer.
- From the prize sum awarded to each exhibitor, the Secretary/Treasurer shall retain $10.00 for membership for the following year.
- PLEASE CASH YOUR CHEQUE WITHIN A MONTH OF RECEIPT. If in any year, more prizes are being awarded than there is money in the treasury to pay, the Society will pay the largest percentage possible.
- No prize shall be awarded if the article or animal is not considered worthy of a prize by the judge.
- All prizes to be accepted as donated or awarded and not exchanged.
- All entry forms must be submitted to the Secretary/Treasurer the day of judging. All others, no later than the second day of the fair.
- In cases where disputes have arisen and have been deferred to the Board of Directors, the decision of the Board shall be final.
- Children entering in the Junior Section will not be required to pay a membership fee. However, if entering in any other section, membership is required.
- All exhibits must be ticketed before entering the exhibit building or they will not be admitted because of the congestion it creates at the door.
- The exhibit building is open on Thursday evening from 7-9 pm and then opens again at 8:30 am on the Friday of the fair. All exhibits must be in the building by Friday at 11:00 am, except livestock. All animals must be in their pens on the grounds before 10:30 am on the Saturday of the fair. The Providence Bay Agriculture Society reserves the right to ask the exhibitor to remove from the grounds an animal/poultry due to health or other reasons.
- The exhibit judging starts at 12:00 noon on Friday. Cattle judging begins at 12:30 pm on Saturday. Judging of horses, poultry and small animals starts at 1:00 pm on Saturday, unless otherwise stated in this prize book.
- All entries for the parade are to be at the parade site at 10:30 am on Saturday. Parade to start at 11:30 am SHARP. Judging of the parade and awarding of prizes will be done before the parade starts.
- Only one (1) entry is allowed per membership in each individual section, except in the livestock and poultry classes.
- During the judging of exhibits, no person will be allowed to interfere with the Judge, except the Director in Charge.
- Any person wishing to change an entry tag due to a mistake must only do so with a Director in attendance.
- If a mistake is found in the entry form, please contact the Secretary/Treasurer to have it corrected.
- All exhibitors and their helpers must have the exhibit number visible when removing their exhibits.
- Exhibits must not be removed until Sunday at 4:00 pm, except for baking and canning, which may be removed at 4:00 pm on Saturday.
- Directors or Officers of the Society will not be responsible for loss or damage of exhibits.
- In all cases, except livestock and poultry, the same article/exhibit cannot be entered in more than one section.
- Any person found guilty of violating any part of the rules will forfeit the whole of their prize money.
- Anyone wishing to sell their exhibits must provide their own table and do so outside, at the back of the exhibit building.
- The Society will not hold itself liable for any accident that happens at the fair.
- Any typographical errors are subject to correction.
- All rules and regulations have been updated.
GOOD LUCK AND HAVE A GREAT TIME AT OUR FAIR!